When testing npm, I just noticed a very similar thing to
I had a bunch of npm components and was doing a non-custom keyword search. Searching for "test" shows over a page worth of component results. I searched for "testproject1" and there was one result (as expected, I had created it). Limiting to "testp" shows no results (because of lack of wildcard/* - aka
NEXUS-8884). However, then limiting back to "test" seemed to show no results. After a couple times reproing this, I noticed a scroll on the right side.
This occurs despite the fix for
See attached vids.
//setup of data
1) Setup your npm instance as https://docs.sonatype.com/display/Nexus/NPM+Testing (.npmrc edits and nexus repos). WARN: Due to not committed fix turn strict content validation off for Proxy or step 4 will fail to build.
2) Download user package from https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-8043 and unzip
3) From that directory, run Kelly's script (https://gist.github.com/kellyrob99/8e86227da5c8fd7d7a30) to get everything into Nexus Hosted. NOTE: This takes a while. Some will error but most should go through = "+
" [no errors or subsequent/following lines]. Can recheck browse assets/components for npmhosted if you're unsure.
4) Following https://docs.sonatype.com/display/Nexus/NPM+Testing, test hosted and proxy. Note repository differences in configuration of package local. This further populates each repo; I did 2 hosted tests. Let me know if you need more details here. Trying not to retype what's already documented
//performing bug (as vid)
5) Go to Search
6) Type in "test"
7) After results, adjust to "testproject1" (or whatever you named your hosted package)
8) After result, adjust to "testp". Should see no results because of lack of wildcard symbol.
9) After a few seconds, adjust to "test". No results show. Scroll shows (on my machine/setup). Scrolling reveals results.