The RPM repository will not be updated if user drops a staging repository.
1. Publish a package avid-test in version 1.0.0 and 2.0.0
2. “yum list avid-test” shows version 1.0.0 is available
3. Drop version 1.0.0
4. Clean yum cache (yum clean all)
5. “yum list avid-test” still shows version 1.0.0 is available.
I would expect to see version 2.0.0
In order to get the repository back into the correct state I must publish another version.
6. Publish version 3.0.0
7. “yum list avid-test” shows version 2.0.0 is available
Conclusion: the rpm plugin handles publish events to update the repository but not drop event.