- Create a staging ruleset with a Profile Target Matcher Rule
- Create a Repository target that includes these typical patterns:
- Create a staging profile that references the repository target and uses the staging ruleset in the Close and promote set of rulesets to apply
- Stage matching artifacts against this staging profile to create a closed staging repository. This works, as the ruleset patterns match
- Try to release the staging repository. This fails because of the Profile target matcher rule. Nexus created a /archetype-catalog.xml file on close, and the repository target pattern does not match this.
- one should not have to add patterns to a repository target for files generated by Nexus in order to apply the Profile Target Matcher rule on a staging repository
- one should still be allowed to apply this rule on Release/Promotion, in case the repository target has changed since the staging repository was closed