Using 2.8.1-01, I noticed NXCM-5433.
1. Delete an artifact using the UI
2. notice that an attributes file gets stored for the deleted file under .nexus/attributes/.nexus/trash/path/to/file. It is the original attributes file for the deleted artifact
3. These files gather and there is apparently no automated method to clean this up.
Even empty trash task never cleans up this files.
Opening to revisit this problem since I believe we were under the impression the empty trash task eventually clean up these files.
- don't create attributes files for files that have been moved into in <reponame>/.nexus/trash
- if they do have to get stored ( legacy bug reasons and no one reported as actual problem?), provide some automated method to clean these up.