- the webapp context path is configured as /nexus in repo 2 and repo 3
- a "central" proxy to Central is installed in repo 3
- the default "central" proxy repo is installed in repo 2
- The NXRM2 legacy URL capability is enabled in repo 3
- Repo 2 this works - 200
- Repo 3, with legacy URL capability enabled, this DOES NOT WORK - 404: UNEXPECTED
- Repo 2, this DOES NOT WORK - 404 not found:
- Repo 3 with legacy URL capability enabled, this DOES WORK - 200: UNEXPECTED
As /service/local/repositories/<repoid>/content was a valid URL in repo 2, then the legacy URL capability in repo 3 should implement support for that URL, instead of /service/local/repositories/maven-central/ .
Workaround is possible with a custom Jetty handler - this solution should continue to work although this workaround is provided AS IS, not officially supported, not as a feature and it may break at any time in the future.
Put the following content into a file at <APP-DIR>/etc/jetty/jetty-service-local-legacy-rewrite.xml
Then edit sonatype-work/nexus3/etc/nexus.properties to add reference to the file via nexus-args - example editing the default nexus-args value:
Then startup repo 3 - this should allow the original stye content urls to work in repo 3.