Since we upgraded from 3.18.0 to 3.37.2, the search API is returning incorrect results. By "incorrect," I mean results that do not match our parameters.
Our queries are essentially https://nexus/service/rest/v1/search?repository=<repo>&maven.groupId=<group>&maven.artifactId=<artifact>&maven.extension=jar
Basically, we've noticed the following:
- The response contains results from a repo other than the one specified.
- The response contains results with another artifactId that the one specified.
- We systematically have a continuation token (but did not explore the next pages).
- If we filter by extension jar, we still get pom assets for each components. That may be normal.
- If we filter by extension pom, after the parent module, we get modules that produce jar. That is not what I'd expect.
The parameters are not completely ignored nonetheless: the response contains first the specified artifactId, then follows with resembling ones (other modules from the same project) and finally totally estranged modules. It resembles the behavior of a "fuzzy search, best match first."
I did not see any change in the documentation to explain this, nor do I remember seeing something about this in the changelog, but I might have missed something.
This is a major issue for us, as our DevOps tool relies on this, as suggested when the API was announced.