We ran into the issue of slowness (20s or more) to get maven-metadata files.
This happened for numerous artifacts under the same groupId.
All these tasks were run with no success of deleting thexe maven-metadata.xml files
- Repair - Rebuild Maven repository metadata (maven-metadata.xml)
- Maven - Delete SNAPSHOT
- Cleanup Repositories using their associated policies (with policies defined on the right groupId)
- Rebuild Repository Index
- Compact blob store (probably not related but we tried everything )
Artifacts are, in fact, cleaned but maven-metadata.xml are still there.
After manually, through the UI, removing all these leftover files for a particular groupId, fetching maven-metadata under this groupId was fast again.
This was seen on 3.22.1 and 3.29.2 on our side but may affect other versions as well.