At the moment nuget implementation works by v3 protocol if remote endwith ".json"
when remote = https://sitecore.myget.org/F/sc-packages/api/v3/index.json
then implementation works by V3 protocol
This rule doesn't work for all remotes and repositories. So, nexus should be ready to work with V3 remotes that don't endwith ".json"
How it can be implemented.
- Create a new one dropdown field called "Protocol" that will contain "V2 and V3"
- V3 should be selected by default
- With this solution, users will have a choice to select necessary nuget protocol
- Create nuget proxy with remote that doesn't endwith ".json".
- Execute package install for example.
nuget works by V2 protocol
nuget works by selected protocol