The Yum metadata is not rebuilt after an rpm is deleted i.e. the repo's filelists, primary and other xml files still reference the deleted rpm.
- Upload two components to a hosted yum repo.
- Tag one of those components with tag yum-test.
- Use staging delete API to delete component with tag yum-test.
- Wait 60 seconds for the rebuild of yum metadata:
2019-12-04 12:53:28,954+0000 INFO [event-7-thread-74] admin org.sonatype.nexus.repository.yum.internal.createrepo.CreateRepoFacetImpl - Scheduling rebuild of yum metadata to start in 60 seconds
2019-12-04 12:54:29,175+0000 INFO [event-7-thread-73] admin org.sonatype.nexus.repository.yum.internal.createrepo.CreateRepoFacetImpl - Finished rebuilding yum metadata for repository yum-hosted
- Browse tree shows one rpm, as expected.
- Download the primary.xml.gz and examine. I see two rpms, so the metadata is not updated.
The deleted rpm should be removed from the yum metadata files.
The deleted rpm is still showing in the yum metadata files
Run the 'Repair - Rebuild Yum repository metadata (repodata)' task against the affected repository.
This is a little different from
NEXUS-22031, where the filelists, primary and other xml files are missing. In this case the files are there, but the deleted components are incorrectly referenced in the yum metadata.