As part of "update" test (so redeploy was on/allowed), I pushed the below item:
Then I realized I had the wrong package pushing so before metadata rebuild, I pushed again:
On review of the component/asset properties via the UI summary pane, it shows the fuse-sshfs property not the electricfence property. The rpm downloaded is electricfence however and the xml shows the right one as well (electricfence). Also not really surprisingly considering that, the blob updated attribute shows a different date than created.
If you do the reverse of this (eletricfence then fuse-sshfs) it does the reverse as well so it's not just something with electricfence.
I then tried waiting til after the metadata rebuild and seeing if that helped. It didn't.
It seems only the first package being pushed not the update is updating the properties in the UI even though the package is updated.
I tried clearing browser cache and restarting my browser in between as well, no dice.