Support and customers need to be able to understand what metadata was merged to produce group-level merged metadata files. For instance, when a maven-metadata.xml is fetched from a group, it's actually the product of metadata from a number of underlying repos. Which ones?
- For cached, merged metadata artifacts (e.g. maven-metadata.xml) there should be some way to tell which underlying metadata files were merged to produce this output.
- This should be visible in the extended attributes
- This should be visible in the ?describe page when requesting the merged metadata
- The order of precedence should be clear
Can this work for all formats?
- Nuget ODATA: No. (Perhaps not relevant?)
- Docker? (please refine)
- npm (please refine)
- RubyGems (please refine)
- Others? (please refine)
How do we identify the underlying files? Is Repo + path enough? Should we also add a timestamp of some sort, so users can potentially detect