- A user sets up required tooling to use a proxy or group (more than likely a group)
- User attempts to publish/deploy/etc... to URL
- Nexus Repo rightfully denies this
- User spends next few minutes or hours Googling to try and figure out what they've messed up with their config, rather than realizing this is by design
Some thing I stumble upon in the community role is that our users try and publish to proxies and groups more often than they should. I think that we could be a bit more explicit about this being impossible, at least until we did something for groups where you can publish and it picks the first hosted repo (I remember a ticket like this).
- Maybe we run the documentation changes by the previously confused users and see if it is more clear to them that you cannot publish to a proxy/group