Nexus 2 allowed setting an override URL for outreach for testing purposes.
The Base URL is for display purposes only and should not be editable. We display it so that in case you do override it, you can easily revert to the default value.
Nexus 3 incorrectly allows editing and saving the BaseURL field
Since Base URL is named the same as the Base URL field they are used to seeing in Nexus 2 and the Nexus 3 Base URL Capability is hidden by default, we have had at least one customer set the Base URL of outreach to the base URL of their Nexus instance expecting that to work.
- make Base URL for outreach capability not editable
if on upgrade it is changed from it's default value, reset it in the database
- document this change in release notes in case the user used the Base URL field to perform an override instead of the override field
- Change of Labels and Help text (came out of PR review)
- Change the field label Base URL to Default Outreach Content URL:.
- Change the help text for that field from URL to use for querying page bundles. to Default external URL for downloading new Outreach content.
- Change the field label Override URL: to read Override Outreach Content URL:
- Change the help text for that field from Retrieve the page bundle from a specific URL. to Override external URL for downloading new Outreach content.