Affects Version/s: 2.14.2, 3.2.0
Fix Version/s: None
1. Create a Maven 2 SNAPSHOT pom.xml in Nexus Repository Manager 2.14.2.
Have the file contain this content:
2. Perform a migration of the snapshots repo to Nexus 3.
3. The migration process will appear stuck by this file and repeatedly treat the file as not valid. The migration will never complete.
Nexus 3 log messages look like this and repeat forever:
Nexus 2 shows the file being requested over and over:
- migration should not appear hung in the UI for any file migration problem
- Nexus 3 should ALWAYS LOG THE URL REQUESTED OF THE FILE WITH THE PROBLEM when a content Request failed - you should not need to examine nexus 2 logs to figure out the problem file path, which repository, which file
- badly formatted files in a Maven 2 source repository (release or snapshot) are unavoidable - they should always be migrated
- tasks which purge files on the nexus 3 side should be able to purge such migrated files, despite their content, otherwise there will be no way to clean these up in the future