As a user or administrator of Nexus, I want to quickly be able to see the status of proxy repositories to ensure that they can properly field requests and to aid in remedying problems.
- Each proxy repository should be able to preemptively check to ensure that its configured endpoint is actually a repository of the appropriate format, and that it is able to field requests. Likely this will require a specific request for each repository format, i.e. a limited search request to NuGet
- Each proxy repository should update its published status in response to events during its uptime, i.e. broken/dropped connections
- Each format may have it's own special way of allowing this, we likely need a hook to allow flexibility for each
- Revisit thread handling so we don't have a thread per repository. Maybe use Hawt-Dispatch?
from Jira NEXUS-8424
is related to
NEXUS-8184 Periodically update repository remote connection status
- DELETED (now https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-9720 )