An EA user noticed that, post-Upgrade he could keyword search for a component and it would show up but if he searched format specific (maven) that it would not.
I was able to duplicate this by performing the below steps:
1) In your NX2 add a maven artifact like http://localhost:8082/nexus/content/repositories/central/org/stagemonitor/stagemonitor-core/0.19.0/stagemonitor-core-0.19.0.pom
2) Setup and Upgrade NX2 to NX3
3) In your NX3 UI, go to search and expand the list and select Maven specific.
4) Enter artifact ID matching your artifact above (in our case "stagemonitor-core"). BUG: No components found message back.
I also see the same issue with Group ID.
The components do show on the list unfiltered, so this seems to be a filtering issue.
After doing this, I added another version to NX3 and this I was able to see in format specific search (but still not the original) so this seems to be a problem with Upgrade.
I also checked with a component with no dash in it in case it was a problem with the dash (like
NEXUS-9493) but didn't seem to matter.
Upgrade is new to 3.1 so no older backchecking is needed.