This section of the book makes no reference to where a user can find the Nexus log files, and what the log files contain.
This makes a poor user experience if a user is trying to debug a startup problem in particular, because they do not know where to look for logs or what the different log files could contain.
- document log *configuration* file locations that are visible on disk
- what are they used for internally
- when should they be manually edited, if at all
- possibly do not document at all files that should never be edited manually ( see NEXUS-9304 )
- document log output files that are actual logs containing output of the application, located in the $data-dir/log directory
- archives of nexus and request log
Probably out of scope:
- document how to customize log rotation settings, including location for output
- document console commands like nexus:logger