The authenticated userid and IP address of the client which uploaded a component to the hosted repository is valuable auditing information.
- regression from Nexus 2 if omitted - Nexus 2 stored and exposed this information on the artifact details tab
- As a user, it is valuable for me to know who uploaded an asset.
- As a customer, I hope fields in NX2 remain in NX3 unless intentionally removed due to refactoring or lack of use.
- record the authenticated username that added a component to a hosted repository using any method
- record the client IP address/host name ( do not attempt to DNS resolve it ) as interpreted from the upload request
- show "Uploaded By" details in the asset section of the UI in NX3
- make it configurable to display this info in the UI? Would some customers find exposing the userid / ip address sensitive information?
- What do we do about migration? If we pull this over, do we potentially run into weirdness with different user domains?